The Plug in BC Collaboration
Plug In BC is an initiative co-chaired by the BC Ministry of Energy and Mines and BC Hydro to lay the groundwork for plug-in electric vehicles and related electric charging infrastructure in British Columbia. Hosted by the Fraser Basin Council, it is a broad collaboration between the Province of BC, BC Hydro, the Fraser Basin Council, several academic institutions, regional governments, EV user groups and over 100 communities, businesses and individuals.
Plug In BC focuses efforts along 5 main themes: vehicle deployment, charging infrastructure, policy development, research, and outreach.
Here are highlights of our work:
- 5,397 (as of December 2016) electric vehicles on the road in B.C.
- 700+ public level 2 charging stations across BC
- 30+ DC fast charging stations in key locations, with more planned
- Student training, research and development in electric vehicles and charging infrastructure
- The development of guides and tools for planning and installing infrastructure in the public space and in strata-owned buildings.