Fleet Infrastructure Incentive
Participating Fleet Champion Program (FCP) participants (i.e., BC-based fleets that sign onto the West Coast Electric Fleets pledge) are eligible to apply and receive a reimbursement for the purchase and installation of charging stations.
Fraser Basin Council, the administrator of this program, will offer a reimbursement of 33% of total cost (before tax) up to $2,000 per station purchased and installed. Any additional cost will be borne by the fleets.
Applicants should apply soon!
Eligible costs include, but are not limited to:
- Site assessment *free site assessments may be available, see below
- Charging station, which must be:
- Level 2 and have a J1772 plug
- Purchased and not leased, preferably from a Canadian supplier
- Approved for sale and use in Canada
- Installed by a licensed electrician
- Material required for installation
- Labour and construction costs
- Electrical or other permits
- Electrical or parking area design plans
- Costs occurring AFTER June 1, 2016, and BEFORE March 1, 2018
Ineligible costs include, but are not limited to:
- Installation of non-EVSE infrastructure (e.g. 110V outlet)
- Communication costs
- Copy or documentation fees
- Monthly or annual subscription fee
- Taxes paid on labour, charging station, material, and any other associated cost
- Costs occurring BEFORE June 1, 2016, and AFTER March 1, 2018
*Fleets may be eligible for a free or low-cost site assessment for charging infrastructure at their facilities. To find out if eligible, fleets should indicate their interest in the application form, or contact Charlotte Argue at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘FCP Site Assessment’. Fraser Basin Council can provide participants with contacts of contractors who are offering preferential rates for charging stations and installations for FCP participants. Contractors/suppliers who are able to offer fleet participant discounted rates should contact email@example.com.
Certain charging stations can work synergistically with FleetCarma EV telematic loggers, which may be of interest to fleets who participate in the EV Telematics opportunity. Read more about the smart charging capabilities on the FleetCarma site.
To apply for the infrastructure incentive fill out the online application form. Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-serve basis. The amount of funding is limited, so apply today!
Contact Charlotte Argue –firstname.lastname@example.org or 604.488.5369