There are currently three vehicle incentive programs available in BC to help reduce the cost of purchasing an electric vehicle.
- Clean Energy Vehicle Program (CEVforBC) (new vehicle point-of-sale incentive)
- BC SCRAP-IT Program (applies to new or used EVs if you scrap a car)
- Specialty Use Vehicle Incentive for vehicles not covered by the CEVforBC program (such as e-motorbikes, forklifts, trucks and buses)
There are also two Province-wide programs to support EV infrastructure, administered by Plug In BC:
- Fleet Champions Program – for private and public fleets; includes free EV business case analysis (less than 10 vehicles), free EV Telematics, and incentives for charging stations.
- Charging Solutions & Incentives – Incentives for charging stations for homes, multi-dwelling buildings and workplaces.