EV Advisor Service for Strata and Workplaces
Please note that EV advisory services are available to Workplaces and Multi-unit residential buildings with shared parking garages in British Columbia. Detached houses, duplexes, rowhouses and townhouse units with individual private parking areas are not eligible for the EV Advisor service.
Applications for the CleanBC Go Electric EV Charger Rebate are now open for BC Hydro and FortisBC customers in their respective service areas. For updates about this program please subscribe to the Plug In BC e-Newsletter.
- EV Charger Rebates, FortisBC
- EV Charger Rebates, BC Hydro. Starting June 15 2023, BC Hydro will no longer be accepting applications for EV Ready rebates. New funding from the Government of Canada will be available starting on June 15 for condo residents and stratas to purchase and install eligible level 2 EV chargers. Once the funding is available, condo customers can apply for pre-approval online. Please note, applicants will need to use their strata’s BC Hydro account number.
Onsite presentations & education
The EV Advisors do not administer rebates, but can provide up to five hours of free advice to employers, staff, residents, or strata councils on
- charging incentives,
- charging installation processes,
- user guidelines within stratas
- and on the benefits of acquiring chargers.
EV advisors can help walk you through the process of getting electric vehicle charging in your building by providing lunch & learn sessions, presentations at AGMs/SGMs, or webinars for decision makers.
Get an initial consultation on your site-specific charging needs and options for incentives. These consultations will provide a high-level review of your charging needs only, and are not a substitute for an electrical assessment or installation quote from a licensed electrical professional. For an electrical assessment or quote for installation, we recommend you contact a licensed electrician.
In-person EV Advisor services are currently suspended for the safety of the advisors and our customers. However, Advisors can accommodate remote meetings for consultations via video or telephone conferencing. If you require more than five hours from an advisor, they can provide you with additional services at an hourly rate.
CleanBC Go Electric rebates
MURB guide and additional documents
Other MURB and workplace resources
Respectful communications and Zero-Tolerance Policy
Plug In BC takes all incidents of abusive, aggressive, or violent treatment against our staff very seriously. Our staff will always treat our clients with utmost respect. In turn, our staff have the right to a safe and respectful work environment.
Plug In BC has a Zero Tolerance policy against abusive, aggressive, or violent behaviour. This policy extends to any interaction with a staff member whether in-person, on the phone, via letter, e-mail, or through our website.
Unacceptable behaviour includes:
- verbal abuse or the use of disrespectful language towards our staff
- persistent or unrealistic demands that cause stress to staff
- racist and sexist comments
- breach of personal boundaries
- physical aggression towards any staff
A breach of the Zero Tolerance policy will lead to termination of services.
The Fraser Basin Council offers up to 5 hours of support and consultation services, free of charge. These may include an initial site visit and inspection, information session with strata or Co-op boards and membership, delivery of support materials (e.g. webinar, print, etc.), and email, phone or in-person response to inquiries regarding the program. Note that these services are not available for single family homes, duplexes and townhomes with private garages.
The EV Advisor Service one of a suite of programs offered under the Province of BC’s CleanBC Go Electric Program. The program is funded through theMinistry of Energy, Mines and Low Carbon Innovation and is administered by the Fraser Basin Council Society.
We acknowledge the financial support of the Government of Canada
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org