Federal iZEV incentive update
April 17th, 2019
- The program became active on May 1st 2019.
- The full list of eligible vehicles and incentive amounts is available here.
- Vehicle eligibility is based on the number of seats, base MSRP, exceptions for higher trim models, and ultimately the Minister of Transportation’s discretion.
- Some large-battery PHEVs (Chevrolet Volt, Chrysler Pacifica) qualify for the full $5,000 incentive, while those with smaller batteries receive $2,500. This is very similar to BC’s CEVforBC incentive.
- Transportation Canada has a new website to explain the incentive and other new ZEV initiatives.
- As May 1st approaches, we will keep you updated via the the Plug In BC newsletter and Emotive on Facebook.